The 8 Best Fairway Woods Under $175
Fairway woods are one of the most popular golf clubs amongst players everywhere. While drivers get a lot of attention with their large flashy clubheads, your fairway wood will provide you with a greater sense of confidence off the tee and will help you shorten longer par 5’s.
Finding the right fairway wood can often be challenging but sticking to a budget will tend to be even more difficult. Lucky for you, Nick, one of our caddies, is here to help you by proposing 8 different pre-loved fairway wood models under $175 from Golf Avenue.
Nick’s Top 8 Fairway Woods Under $175:
- Srixon ZX Fairway Wood
- Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood
- TaylorMade SIM Max D Fairway Wood
- Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Wood
- Titleist 917F2 Fairway Wood
- Cobra F-Max Airspeed Fairway Wood
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway Wood
- Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood
Srixon ZX Fairway Wood
The Srixon ZX fairway wood proposes a simple design in terms of look, but it’s packed up with all the attributes that will serve you well on the golf course. The large clubhead of the ZX will provide you with forgiveness, but more importantly, plenty of distance, which is perfect for par 5’s.
What it lacks in adjustability, the ZX makes up for it with noteworthy high-launching and low-spinning attributes, which make it a versatile fairway wood that can be used by golfers of all levels of experience. Its powerful properties even made it one of the most popular amongst Srixon-sponsored professionals.
What you’ll like about the Srixon ZX fairway wood:
- Low spin levels at impact - Fitting for golfers with a steep angle of attack in their swing
- High launch angle – Perfect for when you need to get the ball high in the air
- The mix of high launch and low spin levels will help you go further than ever
Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood
Upon its 2018 release, the Callaway Rogue fairway wood was already regarded as one of the best fairway woods on the market. Despite it being five years old, it has withstood the test of time and compares admirably to the newest models of the last few years.
Featuring Callaway’s Jailbreak technology in its club face, the Rogue is another club that will help you launch the golf ball high and far. On top of high ball speeds and high-launching strikes, the Rogue fairway wood will also deliver high-quality results, even on off-centered strikes.
What you’ll like about the Callaway Rogue fairway wood:
- A forgiving clubface that will deliver, even on off-centered strikes
- Strikes in the sweet spot can produce results closer to those of a driver
- Added power with the Jailbreak technology, a first for Callaway fairway woods
TaylorMade SIM Max D Fairway Wood
The TaylorMade SIM Max D fairway wood is the cure you’re looking for if you’re struggling with a slice when using your fairway wood. The closed club face of the SIM Max D makes for the ideal angle at impact to prevent you from sending your ball down the right (left for lefties).
Perhaps the most surprising perk from the SIM Max D fairway wood is its ability to stop the ball quickly, which is always useful when you’re trying to get your ball on the green with a fairway wood. This is due to the impressive levels of spin at impact from the SIM Max D.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade SIM Max D fairway wood:
- The draw bias of the SIM Max D fairway wood helps alleviate your slice concerns
- Plenty of forgiveness to help along with its draw bias
- Impressive spin levels that allow it to bit harder upon impact, useful when attacking the green
Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Fairway Wood
The Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo fairway wood is perfect for golfers who have difficulties hitting their fairway wood. The Launcher HB Turbo blends forgiveness with a draw bias and delivers powerful strikes that will impress even the most skilled golfers.
The positioning of the weight inside the Launcher HB Turbo’s clubhead makes for the perfect launchpad, off the tee or down in the alley. The weighting is favored to the back and away from the hosel, which explains its high-launching and slice-canceling abilities.
What you’ll like about the Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo fairway wood:
- Provides high-flying strikes, both off the tee and off the ground
- Weight arrangement in the clubhead favoring high launch and limited spin levels
- Its charcoal grey and red look will be a hit with most people
Titleist 917F2 Fairway Wood
The Titleist 917F2 fairway wood presents a model with a larger footprint designed to help golfers with confidence at address and improve turf interaction at impact. But the 917F2 fairway wood’s main draw is its customizability.
Indeed, the 917F2 fairway wood allows golfers to adjust two parts of the club whenever they please. First, you get to adjust the loft angle of the club face with the adjustable loft sleeve, and you also get to adapt the bias of the club to your liking, whether you prefer a fade, a draw, or a neutral pattern. Simply use the SureFit CC channel, located on the sole of the club, to swap out the weights.
What you’ll like about the Titleist 917F2 fairway wood:
- Larger clubhead footprint for more confidence at address
- Maximized customizability with the adjustable loft sleeve and SureFit CC channel
- Sleek glossy black finish that will please the eye of many golfers
Cobra F-Max Airspeed Fairway Wood
The Cobra F-Max Airspeed fairway wood is the go-to golf club for golfers looking for more forgiveness out of their fairway wood. The F-Max Airspeed is designed to provide golfers with a lighter option when it comes to a fairway wood, which will help golfers with slower swing speeds.
Its lightweight feel is not the only perk of the Cobra F-Max Airspeed as it features a clear offset at the hosel to promote a draw-biased trajectory once it leaves the club face. This club will be a must-have for less-experienced golfers, players looking to buy their first fairway wood, or simply a forgiving golf club.
What you’ll like about the Cobra F-Max Airspeed fairway wood:
- Incredibly lightweight golf club that is easy to control even in the backswing
- Voluminous clubhead that delivers more forgiveness on every strike
- Prevalent offset near hosel to help counter slice tendencies
TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway Wood
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max fairway wood is the perfect upgrade for golfers who a looking to improve on their current fairway wood. The SIM2 Max fairway wood is packed with all the technological perks that TaylorMade can provide to make your life easier on the golf course.
Following in the footsteps of its predecessor, the SIM2 Max provides a larger clubhead that delivers even more forgiveness on every strike. Additionally, the Twist Face technology will help straighten off-centered strikes that come off the club face of the SIM2 Max fairway wood.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade SIM2 Max fairway wood:
- Highly forgiving clubhead with a large footprint
- The Twist Face technology will help to make up for off-centered strikes
- Provides impressive performance in terms of distance and spin on the golf course
Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood
The Callaway Epic Flash fairway wood is the perfect tool for golfers looking to maximize their control over the golf ball on every single strike. The OptiFit Hosel is a scaled-down version of Callaway’s old adjustable loft sleeve. This makes for a lighter clubhead which promotes higher launch angles.
The Epic Flash fairway wood features the Forged Carpenter Steel Face Cup which helps take the ball speeds to the next level at impact as the clubface is thinned out so that it can generate more power. The Jailbreak technology strengthens the clubface to produce an explosion of power at every impact.
What you’ll like about the Callaway Epic Flash fairway wood:
- Thinner clubface for an optimal energy transfer to the ball on every strike
- Terrific feel for the ball at impact with the combination of the Jailbreak technology and the Forged Carpenter Steel Face Cup
- Maximized customizability with the OptiFit Hosel allowing you to adjust the club to your liking
The fairway woods presented in this list are some of the bests on the market, but most importantly, you can get them for a fraction of the price of brand-new models. Shopping for used golf clubs and pre-loved golf clubs with Golf Avenue will allow you to save on equipment and play more golf!
If you got any questions about the clubs listed above, or if you’re not sure which is best for you, you can always book a call with Nick or any one of Golf Avenue’s caddies. They’ll provide you with expert advice, regardless of your level of experience and no matter what you’re looking for. Book today!
Until next time,
The Golf Avenue Team
Looking for the best deals on TaylorMade fairway woods? Here's a list of the top 8 TaylorMade fairway woods under $250 including models like SIM2, SLDR, and The M's!