The 5 Best Iron Sets from TaylorMade
There’s nothing like flushing your irons and dropping your approach shots near the pin time and time again. But to do this on the golf course, you’ll need to get your hands on the best iron set based on your needs.
To make your shopping experience easier than ever, Danny, one of our caddies, came up with a selection of the Top 5 TaylorMade iron sets for golfers looking for an affordable pre-loved iron set. Follow us as we explore each option and how it caters to the different golfers out there!
The 5 Best Iron Sets from TaylorMade according to our caddies:
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set
- TaylorMade P790 2021 Iron Set
- TaylorMade Stealth Iron Set
- TaylorMade P770 2020 Iron Set
- TaylorMade M4 Combo Iron Set
1. TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max iron set was designed to answer the needs of less experienced golfers. Struggling with consistency in your swing or when it comes to hitting your irons? The SIM2 Max large clubhead, paired with its cavity-back properties, make for the perfect beginner’s iron set.
The SIM2 Max iron set follows in the footsteps of its predecessor but takes things to the next level by dialing up carry distance and forgiveness. In other words, performance-wise, the SIM2 Max is a clear update on the SIM line of irons.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set:
- Delivers a high level of forgiveness on every strike
- Larger clubhead that promotes more spin at impact to help launch the ball in the air
- Provide a slight offset near the hosel to help counter the slice trajectory
Shop TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set
2. TaylorMade P790 2021 Iron Set
The TaylorMade P790 2021 iron set is geared towards players with a slightly higher skill level than players who would turn to the SIM2 Max iron set. The P790 2021 irons feature a profile closer to muscle back irons rather than game-improvement models.
The thinner clubhead of the P790 2021 provides players with a better feel for the ball at impact, a critical component for golfers looking to maximize their trajectory control. While it delivers in terms of feel and control of the golf ball, the P790s also provides an impressive level of forgiveness.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade P790 2021 Iron Set:
- Provides a terrific feel for the ball at impact
- Offers a decent amount of forgiveness on impact
- Allows golfers more control over the ball trajectory than game-improvement models
Shop TaylorMade P790 2021 Iron Set
3. TaylorMade Stealth Iron Set
The TaylorMade Stealth iron set is another high-quality game-improvement set from TaylorMade. The follow-up to the SIM2 Max irons, the Stealth irons improve on all the things that the SIM2 Max already did well. This means that the Stealth is a true improvement over the SIM2 Max irons.
Like its predecessor, the Stealth irons are primarily targeted at less-experienced players and beginners. Their clubheads are slightly smaller than the SIM2 Max’s, thus providing a better feel for the ball. But the component at the back of its clubhead provides more spin and forgiveness on impact.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade Stealth Iron Set:
- Bulky, yet compact clubhead that provides a lot of forgiveness
- Impressive feel and control for the ball considering this is a game-improvement set
- Delivers a lot of distance, both carry and total, on every strike
Shop TaylorMade Stealth Iron Set
4. TaylorMade P770 2020 Iron Set
The TaylorMade P770 2020 iron set is your best bet if you’re looking for a set that will allow you to take your skills to the next level on the golf course. While the P790 will still provide a decent level of forgiveness, the P770 aims to prioritize control and feel for the ball over forgiveness.
The clubhead profile of the P770 irons is slightly thinner than the P790, indicating that forgiveness is not as prominent with these irons. On the other hand, you can be sure that your feel for the ball will be unmatched, and the muscle insert at the back of the P770’s clubhead will help you have more control over the ball’s trajectory.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade P770 2020 Iron Set:
- Showcases a thinner clubhead profile than most game-improvement irons
- Terrific feedback on the quality of your strike through shaft vibrations at impact
- Top-end ability to control the golf ball’s trajectory
Shop TaylorMade P770 2020 Iron Set
5. TaylorMade M4 Combo Iron Set
The TaylorMade M4 Combo iron set is the go-to for golfers who struggle to produce a lot of swing speed. Since it’s a combo set, the long irons are replaced by hybrids, which are easier to hit than long irons, especially for less-experienced golfers or beginners.
On top of being easier to hit, the hybrids of the set allow you to cover three types of clubs by buying a single set. In your set, you’ll get TaylorMade wedges, irons, and hybrids. All you’ll need to do is get yourself some good TaylorMade fairway woods, a few more wedges, a driver, and putter.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M4 Combo Iron Set:
- Includes both hybrids and irons in the same set, cutting out the need to buy additional clubs
- Large clubhead that provides a lot of forgiveness
- Long irons are replaced with hybrids, which are easier to use
Shop TaylorMade M4 Combo Iron Set
We hope that one of these recommendations is to your liking. Our expert caddy Danny picked these clubs based on their availability on Golf Avenue’s website and their ability to answer the needs of golfers everywhere.
Whether you’re after a game-improvement set or looking for a players’ set, our caddies are always there to help you out. You can always book a call to virtually meet with them so that they can provide you with expert advice and recommendations.
Until next time,
The Golf Avenue team
Looking for the best deals on TaylorMade fairway woods? Here's a list of the top 8 TaylorMade fairway woods under $250 including models like SIM2, SLDR, and The M's!
You love TaylorMade golf wedges but you don't know which one is best for you? We've got your covered with this top 5!