How to Buy a 2021 Iron Set for Less Than $550
Golf often presents great dilemmas to the people who decide to play it. On the course, you’ll be faced with tough decisions on how you’ll play your shots. Off the course, you’ll have to find the perfect clubs for you, at the best price possible.
This last point tends to be the greatest challenge for golfers as they’re always looking for unmatchable deals on the clubs of their dreams. Fortunately, it’s now possible for golfers to get their hands on the latest used golf clubs, for a fraction of the price.
Don’t believe it? What if you were told that you could get your hands on a 2021 iron set for less than $550?
- The cheapest way to buy an iron set
- A 2021 set of TaylorMade SIM2 Max for less than $550?
- Could you pay $0 for an iron set?
The cheapest way to buy an iron set
Used v. new
This debate has been raging for years amongst golfers. Indeed, the newest golf clubs on the market will be loaded with the latest tech, but that usually doesn’t fit in with most golfers’ budgets.
Used golf clubs will tend to be the best option for the common amateur golfer to get their hands on the best iron set possible while having a budget. However, you need to beware of where you’re getting these clubs from.
Companies like Golf Avenue allow you to shop for certified pre-loved golf clubs that have been inspected and have plenty of rounds left to play in them.
Opting for pre-loved golf clubs is your best bet when shopping for an iron set on a budget. While this is certainly cheaper than buying new, there’s another way to drop the price tag even lower.
You’ve got an old set of irons or other golf clubs that are just collecting dust in the attic or the garage? Give them a second life by putting them up for a trade with Golf Avenue.
This way, your old clubs will find their way back on the course and satisfy another golfer. Plus, you’ll also benefit from a reduced price tag on your next set of clubs. But just how much can you offset the cost of an iron set by trading old golf clubs?
Here’s this scenario of a customer who recently paid less than $550 for a set of pre-loved 2021 TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons with Golf Avenue.
A set of 2021 TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons for less than $550?
Does that seem impossible to you? Well, check again because this has been the new trend amongst the golfers that visit Golf Avenue’s website.
Not everyone will end up with SIM2 Max irons, which is one of the best used iron sets for beginners, but customers are paying way below market price for their next set of pre-loved irons.
The secret behind how they’re saving hundreds of dollars on year-old sets is quite simple really. All they’ve been doing is making the most out of Golf Avenue's combined cart.
One specific observed example was that of a customer who traded his old set of clubs and paid less than $550 for a set of pre-loved TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons, which are normally priced at nearly $800.
The customer in question was able to replace his trusted clubs of the past five years, a set of TaylorMade M2 irons, with last year’s irons from TaylorMade, the SIM2 Max irons.
Using the combined cart, the customer was able to complete both his trade-in and his purchase, all in one single transaction, right from the comfort of their home.
This customer opted to move on from his old clubs after 5 years, but with a little digging, you’ll notice that 10 years old clubs could still manage to get the price tag under the $550 mark.
Take this as a good indication that even if you think your clubs are too old, you could always be surprised at how much value you can get for them.
Could you pay $0 for an iron set?
Now that you’ve heard about the case of this customer and his SIM2 Max set for less than $550, you’re probably asking yourself if there's a way to lower this price tag even further and you'd be right to do so.
The answer is as simple as yes! Actually, you could get your next iron set for free!
There are a couple of options for you to consider if you’re looking to pay less money for your set:
- Promotional codes are always a good way to save some money. Using the combined cart doesn’t stop you from using your Golf Avenue “welcome” promotional code or any other code you might want to benefit from;
- Look out for promotions and discounts as they’ll help you reduce the price of an item that is already sold at marked-down prices. While you can’t combine discounts with promotional codes, nothing is stopping you from combining a discount with a trade-in. Also, be sure to subscribe to Golf Avenue’s newsletter (at the bottom of this webpage) so that you’re notified when trade-in values are bonified;
- Add more clubs to your trade-in. You’ve got more clubs simply collecting dust in storage or simply looking to move on from older clubs? Give them a second life and trade them to help reduce the cost of your new clubs. That’s right, no need for straight-up one-for-one trades, you can trade as many clubs as you want in the combined cart to save even more!
- Trade-in more recent clubs to save more on your purchase as the trade-in value is likely to be higher with clubs that were most recently released to the market.
- Cut out some of the taxes by trading in your old clubs. That’s right, you’re only paying taxes on the final sum of your transaction, including the trade-in. This means that if the retail price of your set is $500 and you trade a set worth $200, you’ll only pay taxes on $300. Now that’s a lot of savings!
What happens if the trade-in value is greater than that of my purchase?
Don’t worry! Nothing is wasted with Golf Avenue and the same goes when it comes to your money. If the value of the clubs you’re trading is greater than the value of the ones you’re looking to purchase, nothing is wasted.
Once your trade-in is inspected by the trade-in team, the payment will be sent to you to refund your purchase. Any leftover funds will be sent directly into your Golf Avenue customer account in the form of customer credits which you’ll be able to use at your earliest convenience.
This customer credit will remain in your account until you decide to use it. The credits will be available to you at the payment stage of the checkout process. You’ll be able to use the credit to help you offset the cost of any future purchase.
Hopefully, this article helped you realize just how many options you have at your disposal when it comes to getting your hands on your dream iron set. Creating a proper cycle of trades and purchases allows golfers everywhere to get their hands on the perfect clubs at a price that fits their budget.
Until next time,
The Golf Avenue Team